- Click here for STEM Activities
- Click here for Great Problems
- Click here for Manipulatives
- Click here for Links to Even More!
- Click here for Other Resources
- Can you build the highest arch with blocks?
- Can you make houses for the 3 little pigs? Which one would blow down?
- You have 20 straws and 20 pieces of play-doh…what structure can you build using all the resources?
- Any maker-space activity!
- Do we have enough snacks for everyone?
- How can we share these 5 cookies with two friends?
- Do we have enough ingredients to make cupcakes for everyone?
- How many seeds can we plant in this garden if they have to be 2 inches away from each other.
- I’m thinking of a number that describes…(ants on a log, kids in the playground etc) what could it be? Why?
- Create a picture (or use manipulatives) that shows 3 and 2 of something.
- How are the numbers 3 and 13 alike? How are they different? Show me.
- Use a pan balance, put blocks on it to show me two amounts that are the same / more / less.
- How many different ways could we share 7 dolls between two people? Would it be fair? (Use dolls of different sizes)
- Daddy’s getting a new 7 seater mini-van! How many friends could we bring for a ride?
Manipulatives that develop problem-solving:
- Pattern block challenges
- Tangram activities
Links to Rich tasks:
What’s your Problem? By P. Skinner (1990)
Do you have more problem-solving suggestions? Write them in the comments below!